Ants on a Log – an activity for children of all ages. This recipe is classic – not only is it fun and simple to make, it’s also healthy. Celery is full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber that are essential in maintaining a well-tuned body. This activity will not only help children learn about the benefits of celery, it will also teach them how to make healthy food choices.
- peanut butter (if allergic to peanut butter, you can also use cream cheese)
- raisins or Craisens (for fire ants)
- Wash the celery and cut into 3-5 inch segments.
- Carefully spread the peanut butter in the empty middle space of the stalk.
- Next, add the “ants” or raisins.
- Take advantage to talk about the health benefits of celery and making healthy food choices with the children.
- Enjoy a healthy treat!