Image by WordSwag
Buried Treasure: an activity for children of all ages. The Bible contains many treasures buried in scriptures. In this activity, children will create a chest to pack full of the richest gems as they “dig” through the scriptures.
- Wrap the container in tinfoil or a brown paper bag. (If using a wipes container, consider spray painting it with gold paint.)
- Once wrapped, decorate with washi tape and jewels.
- Throughout the week, memorize Matthew 13:44, “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.”
- Discuss the meaning of this Bible text. The man shows an eagerness to obtain the treasure, and is ready to sacrifice everything he has for it. Give some examples of things found hidden in the dirt.
- Talk with your child about the treasures that can be found in the Bible if they would just dig through the Bible to find them.
- “Dig in” to the Bible. Select a scripture passage to read and study it carefully and prayerfully.
- As you study the Bible through the year, write any scripture “gems” found on a slip of paper and put it in the treasure chest for safe keeping.
- Wear these jewels by memorizing and living them out each day.
- Take pictures and tag #theabundantgarden on Instagram to share your fun and for an opportunity to be featured @theabundantgarden.