Image by Word Swag
Caprese salad: a recipe for children of all ages. In this activity, children will learn to make this simple and refreshing summer salad.
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- serving platter
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1-16 oz package fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4-1 cup balsamic vinegar
- course salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the produce.
- Arrange the salad on a serving platter, alternating the tomatoes, cheese, and basil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.