Image by WordSwag
For God So Loved the World Christmas Ornament: an activity for children of all ages. God loves us so much that He sent His Son to Earth so that each of us would have a choice in accepting His gift of Love. In this activity, children will learn that Jesus came to save all who live on this Earth.
*This activity was adapted from an activity found on adiamondinthestuff.com.
- Throughout the week, memorize John 3:16, “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- While doing this activity, consider talking with your child about how much God loves children all around the world. Sing the song, Jesus Loves the Little Children of the World:
- Using the circle punch, cut circles out of an old map.
- Paint the back of the map with Mod Podge and stick it on the ornament.
- Press each circle down so it lays as flat as possible.
- Continue doing this with each circle piece, overlapping the circles to wrap the entire ornament.
- Let everything dry for a bit and then cover the entire ornament with Mod Podge to seal it.
- Decorate further with tying a ribbon under the lid or adding some glitter onto the metal top (using Mod Podge) if desired.
- Consider sending this ornament to a child in an orphanage along with some other needed items.
- Take pictures and tag #theabundantgarden on Instagram to share your fun and for an opportunity to be featured @theabundantgarden.