Holiday Cranberry Salad: an activity for children of all ages. Cranberries are so healthy, and even though very tart, are very tasty in recipes. This delicious cranberry salad recipe does take some planning, but it is worth it! For a healthy and easy cranberry sauce recipe, see the “How Does It Grow” video posted in the lesson.
*This homemade cranberry salad has been handed down from generation to generation to me from Jane Guy (and used with permission).
- package cranberries, chopped in a blender
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1 large orange, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can crushed pineapple (in it’s own juice)
- 1 6 ounce package raspberry jello
- 1 cup walnuts or pecan, chopped (optional)
- serving bowl
- Combine the chopped cranberries, apple, and orange with the sugar in a bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, drain off the juice from the can of pineapple, making sure to save the juice to use for making the jello.
- Make the raspberry jello as directed replacing the cold water with the pineapple juice and ice.
- Just as the jello begins to thicken, add the fruit mixture and nuts to the jello and stir.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.