Homemade Lip Balm: an activity for children of all ages. (This recipe does require the use of a stove.) In this activity, children will learn how to save money and make healthy choices as they make lip balm using natural, organic ingredients.
This recipe was adapted from a blog post found on theelliothomestead.com.
- Using the double broiler method, melt the beeswax. Add the shea butter and coconut oil when the beeswax is half melted.
- Add a few drops of the essential oil.
- Pour into the chapstick tubes (or other container) using a funnel or syringe.
- Allow it to cool. You may need to add a few more drops as it often shrinks as it cools.
- Allow to cool again.
- Add the lids and enjoy!
- Take pictures and tag #theabundantgarden on Instagram to share your fun and for an opportunity to be featured @theabundantgarden.