Image from Word Swag
Homemade salsa: a recipe for children of all ages. In this activity, children will learn how to use produce from their garden to combine together and make a mouth-watering salsa.
*recipe courtesy of Ayme F. (used with permission).
- food processor or blender
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped or 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- one small can green chilies
- 6ish cloves of garlic, pressed
- onion, chopped
- one bunch cilantro
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor/blender and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Allow the flavors to blend for a few hours and serve!