Image by Word Swag
Jesus – the Ultimate Gift: an activity for children of all ages. Jesus was, and is still today, many things to many people. But ultimately, Jesus is the most precious gift to each one of us. He is the symbol of immense sacrifice, the greatest love, and enduring hope. In this activity, children will learn that Jesus has given us the greatest of gifts.
- Read the following books:
- Discuss the books with the children. Ask them to tell you about their favorite gift. Ask them why they think Jesus came to this earth to die for us?
- Read the story of Jesus’ resurrection from your favorite gospel or story Bible.
- Love is the greatest gift. Read John 13:34-35 and 15:1-17. Discuss the new commandment Jesus gave. What does this look like in our everyday happenings?
- Have your child draw a picture of Jesus.
- Beside His picture, have them write down what He means to them and what He did for them. Include also any thoughts on how they can be more like Jesus. Who can help them be more like Jesus? Record the thoughts of younger children as needed.
- Feel free to add your memory verse, poems, recipes, memories, or quotes about apples to your garden notebook/journal as well.
- Place the page(s) in a protector when finished and include them in the garden notebook/journal.
- Take pictures and tag #theabundantgarden on Instagram to share your fun and for an opportunity to be featured @theabundantgarden.