Image by WordSwag
You are so bee.you.tiful cards: an activity for children of all ages. For this activity, make a friend or neighbor a ‘you are so bee.you.tiful’ card. So often we forget to tell people how much they mean and how special they are to us. There isn’t anyone I know who wouldn’t welcome a handmade card. It’s easy to say “I’m not an artist” and buy your cards, but remember, this card does not need to be perfect. Handmade cards take the precious resources of time, effort, and a bit of vulnerability to create and most people will appreciate this. (Hint: you can make a card for each of your children and lay it on their pillow for them to find when they go to bed).
- pencil and eraser
- art medium of choice (colored pencils, watercolors, crayons, or markers)
- Cut a piece of card-stock to fit your envelope and fold it over.
- Design a bee scene (a flower or hive with a bee, a jar of honey, or a bee with each part labeled) with a pencil.
- Use the art medium of your choice to color in your design. Allow time for drying if needed.
- Write a note to someone special, telling them why they are bee.you.tiful to you and your family.
- Put the card in the envelope and give or mail to someone special.
- Take pictures and tag #theabundantgarden on Instagram to share your fun and for an opportunity to be featured @theabundantgarden.